Associate, Global Financial Operations – Procure to Pay
The Global Financial & Accounting Services (GFAS) division is a growing team with an increasing breadth of responsibility. The foundation continues to grow in its global footprint and in the complexity of its work. The GFAS team is scaling up to support this important work. The team’s vision is to provide innovative and scalable global business solutions in accounting, tax, payroll, treasury and financial operations while safeguarding the reputation of the foundation and our related entities, with the highest standards of integrity and operational excellence.
GFAS is a division within the Finance organization at the foundation and an important part of the operations function. Operations supports and enables the five program teams to make investments and to run effectively and efficiently. As a function, Finance employs approximately 100 employees. The GFAS division is significant (30+ FTE’s), and responsible for financial reporting processes, technical and advisory services, internal controls, and the accounting functions at the foundation.
Leadership and Culture
We believe that energized people, working well together, fueled by great leadership in an inclusive environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal things.
Responsible for complex finance and accounting issues, including processing invoices for the foundation and subsidiary companies related to operating expenses, contracts and grants along with corresponding check, ACH and wire payments. Address the needs of a variety of issues relating to payments of foundation vendors and grantees. Responsible for vendor setup and banking maintenance in the foundation’s ERP system. May provide similar support for internal processes or functions. Responsible for auditing employee, domestic and international non-employee expenses to ensure compliance with foundation policies. Assist with ongoing projects for the Global Finance & Accounting Team.
- Setup vendors and detailed banking instructions in the foundation’s ERP system
- Answer tier 2 (non-outsourced) invoice inquires
- Assist with ongoing finance related projects and constant process improvements
- Review, code, audit, and route foundation wide invoices to reviewers and approvers for tier 2 (non-outsourced) transactions.
- Review grant payment transaction for completeness
- Assist in weekly cash forecasting
- Audit employee expenditures to ensure compliance with domestic and international policies and applicable laws.
- Respond to telephone and email inquiries from vendors and foundation employees.
- Analyze and prepare ad-hoc reports.
Core Knowledge and Skills
- Strong working knowledge of the full procure to pay function
- Experience with domestic and international payment protocols
- Good understanding of accounting internal controls.
- Understand communication channels using good judgment and escalating appropriately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to positively interact with staff at all levels within the organization.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience, or equivalent experience.
Applicants for this role will only be considered if you have current work authorization in the US and don’t need employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve-in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs-and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve the mission of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to:
* Sexual Orientation
* Gender Identity
* Gender Expression
* National Origin
* Genetic Information
* Veteran Status
* Marital Status
* Prior Protected Activity
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: